Leaving the Clothing Shop we enter the Main Street Area of the Museum. Immediately to the right upon entering this area is Cullman’s first lighted advertising sign (notice the price of a new Chevrolet in 1924.) In this largest exhibition area of the Museum, there is a great collection of Cullman life from different eras, club and school articles, early manufacturing and business samples, the “Doctor’s Office” with tools of the trade including an amputating set used by Dr. Whiteside. There is a mural picture of an early Cullman street scene surrounded by pictures of leaders from the community. The Photography Shop contains pictures of people and place from earlier times. The Children’s Store has clothing articles worn by children of bygone days including a boy’s “dress” from the early part of the last century. Tribute is paid to those Cullman citizens who served in different wars by a collection of uniform, medals, pictures and an honor roll for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.